Picture this. Sitting on a comfy chair or lying on a luxurious sofa with a real book and a mugful of delicious coffee in hand, surrounded by an abundance of books on a lazy Sunday evening? A cozy corner full of day light you’d relish sitting in after a hectic day at work. Does that sound like a dream you would like to turn into a reality? It’s surely been one of my dreams since I was a kid.
I am obsessed with books and everything about them. Decorating my book shelves is also a fun task that I’ve always enjoyed doing. I love to rearrange my books and dress up my bookshelves on my day offs or public holidays when I don’t have to work. It takes away my mind and distract me from the real word temporarily–which sometimes help me to stay stress-free.
The book shelf that I currently use to store my books was purchased few years back. Although, I still like it, I’ve been thinking about getting a new shelf for my ever expanding collection of books. I want to find a taller wooden book shelf (mine is metal) than my one with the back completely covered. I like my shelves fully functional yet pleasing to the eye at the same time. So whenever I am bored with my shelves, I take out all my books from the shelves, keep them on the floor, put them back in and just play around until I am satisfied with the final arrangement. It can take up an entire day for me to decorate the shelves but I always rejoice looking at the final result.
I always wanted to have my own cozy, mini library where I can read a book and enjoy a cup of coffee in private. A relaxing space to read and indulge in characters, stories, good plots and bad plots. I want to create a reading spot in my house–preferably in my room–to get away from the hustle and bustle in daily life. Some nice bookshelves, a comfy chair or a sofa, and enough daylight… A book lovers dream..
These are the few images that I’ve saved to use as inspiration. Jut the idea of a humble corner to read is excites me.
A bookshelf can transform your simple room into an calming oasis and it only takes a few minutes to glam up your bookshelf. Styling up your bookcases can make your entire room more pleasant to look at and dwell in.
My biggest tip for any bookshelf obsessed readers is to let your imagination influence your creativity and guide you. Your bookshelf or book case doesn’t have to be a fancy one and even if it’s made of pallets and has an old look, you can still get creative and turn them into wonderful art.
- Use bookends, cool sculptures, paintings, metal objects and plants to add some personality to your bookshelf. You can use picture frames of your favourite moments and keep them on the shelf to relive those beautiful moments.
- Paint your bookshelf in a color that you love. It’ll give you a vibrant feeling.
- Arrange the books horizontally or vertically to break the dullness and uniformity.
- You can hang string lights on your bookshelves. This’ll transform your bookshelf into a fancy piece of decoration and give your room a dreamy effect. (Here are tons of Tumblr and Pinterest ideas to get you started.)
- You can always restyle your bookcase when you feel like it!
If you have a love for books and has lots of books you love, why not give those magnificent things a lovely home to settle in?
In response to the daily prompt: Shelf